Arrange Marriage vs Love Marriage
Last week while we were there at the wedding, I saw a few of my friends debating over arranged and love marriage. Since a lot of people loved to love marriage, I thought my blog post should be romantic at this point. But then my mind whispered, ‘getting your parents to plan for someone is better – because they know what you want, and they’ll make the best choice for you.’ There is indeed an ongoing debate about how best to choose a marriage partner. But can we really analyze the best?
Marriage is an important social center and everyone wants to look their best. In love marriages, people choose their own partners, while in the case of arranged marriages, the partners are chosen by the family. However, we all know that a great marriage does not exist when “perfect couples” meet. That is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy each other’s company, whether romantic or arranged.
See Also: Why We Never Forget First Love?
Difference between Arranged Marriage vs Love Marriage?
– An arranged marriage is not an agreement between two people but a union of two families.
– Two families involved in arranged marriages are assessed and marriages only take place if the two families are in harmony.
– Because there are so many people involved in a arranged marriage, conflict between couples will be resolved successfully or minimized.
– In arranged marriages, couples are guided by the parents and in love marriages, the couple may not be in a position to assess the future difficulties in life that may arise.
– Both people already know each other and decide to spend a lifetime with each other.
– Couples are responsible for their choice and the responsibility for the future lies only with the couple and no one else.
– Couples know each other’s likes and dislikes. Therefore, they get along well.
– Such couples can help eradicate social evils such as lobola with the consent of both because they have the freedom to make their own decisions at their level.
– Excessive use, too, can be prevented by discernment between couples.
Love Marriage vs Arranged Marriage Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of Love Marriage
- Love is the basis of any marriage. In love marriages, there can be no question that love happens or not.
- Marriage is a lifelong commitment. Therefore, the decision to choose a life partner should be in his hands.
- In a love marriage, the couple knew each other very well and probably already knew each other very well. Therefore, there will not be many conflicts.
- Those who want to attend a love wedding have more options than those who go to an arranged wedding because arranged weddings usually take place with people of the same category/class/religion.
- An organized lifestyle leads to happy families.
- Generally, equality is prevalent in romantic relationships.
Disadvantages of Love Marriage
- Love weddings are no longer socially acceptable in some parts of India. That is why we see murder in honor. Therefore, it is very dangerous for some people to go to a romantic wedding.
- Couples who go to an love wedding are mostly independent. If they want to get out of the relationship, they may not even consider the opinions of relatives.
- Young people can be confused by attraction and love.
- Love is not the only thing we need in life. One should also examine the truth such as family background, economic circumstances, environment, etc.
Advantages of Arranged Marriage
- At arranged weddings, parents ask about each other’s family and their circle. Therefore, there is a good chance that a person will enter into a relationship with the same type of family as theirs. This prevents blind trust, which occurs in some love marriages.
- Parents or well-meaning people think about the future and the economy.
- The couple is probably thinking about their two families. Therefore, they will learn to adapt, which is the best quality in any relationship.
- According to a study by Dr. Robert Epstein, an American psychologist, love in love marriages tends to fade with time, and love in arranged marriages grows with the passing of time.
Disadvantages of Arranged Marriage
- An arranged marriage is like a lottery ticket. Love can grow or flourish in marriage. Some couples will even experience difficulties in getting along.
- The couple does not know each other well if they spend a little time together before the wedding. When they have so many differences that they cannot even live together, marriage can be ruined.
- Overconfidence in the elders can prevent a couple from breaking up, or they may lose their love for each other.
- Although the number of divorces is lower than in premarital sex, it cannot be said that they are happily married. Often, some people who live in unhappy marriages but who are unable to divorce for a number of reasons as children, social pressure tends to choose suicide.
- People attending an arranged wedding may not be so comfortable discussing everything before the wedding. This can create problems after marriage.
- In the name of arranged weddings, compulsory
See Also: Complete Study On Stress Management
Love Marriage vs Arranged Marriage Success Rate
According to the success survey rate of arranged marriage vs love marriage, the success rate of arranged marriage is increasing day by day and the arranged marriage is a lifelong relationship with the couple.
On the other side, the survey of love marriage shows that love marriage is decreasing day by day because there is no lifelong relationship with the couple. It doesn’t mean that love marriages are bad. There are also many love marriages that have a lot of love and are exemplified in the world of those marriages.
Love Marriage vs Arranged Marriage Divorce Rate
According to the divorce survey rate of arranged marriage vs love marriage. Data comparing divorce rates within the countries for the love and arranged marriages are hard to come by. But in the U.S., between 40 and 50 percent of all marriages end in divorce. In India, the divorce rate in all marriages is about one percent and higher than in love marriages.
Arrange Marriage is Better Than Love Marriage
The most convincing reason for proving arranged marriages is better than love marriages would be Maths! In many cases, the couples who were in an arranged marriage are more compatible.
- In an arranged marriage, the first few years of marriage are devoted to knowing and understanding the person. It makes sense to spend more time with each other.
- In a love marriage, before the wedding, the couple share a very different understanding. This understanding when tied to the social bonds that are expected when they are married, is hard to obey.
- It is easier to adjust to a partner in an arranged marriage compared to a love marriage. This is because in a loving marriage, things can be taken for granted.
- Since the partners have never met before, in an arranged marriage, they pay close attention to each other’s needs.
- Arranged marriages help to resolve family matters quickly. There is a sense of fear in releasing a partner.
- For some reason, marriage does not work; there are a lot of people who will support a lot.
- In many cases, love marriages are forcing the couple to stay away from the family. This leaves them with no choice but to deal with their problems.
- In today’s hectic world, it is all too easy to get so caught up in the rush of life that we forget what matters most.
- An arranged marriage often works to compromise. In a love marriage, they were in love even before the marriage and as a result, the compromise is small. In an arranged marriage, social ties can sometimes be frustrating.
- Love married couples learning how to be independent because they are often separated and that is why they are able to deal with their problems.
- A level of luxury has already been established between the couple.
- Expectations from parents are low because in most cases the decision to get married usually starts with the couple.
- Whether it is love or planning, trust, understanding, and commitment are the key to a successful marriage.
The Final Line
In this article we discuss about Arranged Marriage vs Love Marriage.
Both – Arranged marriage vs Love marriage – have their merits and problems and marriage is a lifelong decision. Although families are involved in many marriages, it is the couple who should live together for the rest of their lives.
Therefore, the decision to choose a life partner should be left to individuals. In the end, no one can guarantee the best way for a perfect marriage because, like life, marriages are full of uncertainties.
Also, remember that the success of a marriage depends, not on the plans, but on the relationship between the two of them.
Read the post carefully.
Feel free to share with your favourite social networks.